With 31 March fast approaching use Q2’s Checklist to ensure the next financial year launches smoothly and your goals are achieved:
Management & Leadership
- Strategic plan in writing for next 12 months?
- Organisational structure with reporting lines and accountabilities defined?
- Job descriptions and KPIs in place for all team members?
- Performance and/or salary reviews completed?
- Marketing plan?
Finance, Accounting & Tax
- Financial and cashflow forecasts prepared for next 12 months?
- Pricing (and costings) reviewed / updated?
- Payroll ready for Pay Day filing?
- All 2018 tax returns filed with IRD?
- 2019 provisional tax due 7 May 2019 reviewed?
- 2019 financial / tax end of year prep done?
- Bad debts written off accounts receivable
- Prepay expenses so can claim a tax deduction
- Stock on hand valued and obsolete stock written off
- Minimise end of year Work In Progress (WIP)
- Review fixed assets for items to be scrapped for tax purposes
- Quantify holiday pay owing at 31 March 2019 (if paid by 2 June claim a tax deduction)
31 March is the ideal time to transition your accounting software to a more suitable or convenient platform.
If you need help with any of the above contact Q2 Ltd. Helping business owners run better businesses is what we do.